In light of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which the World Health Organization declared on March 11, 2020 and has not yet declared to be over, and in order to reduce the chance of spreading the disease and ensure that its community members’ lives and health are protected, Fundação Getulio Vargas announces the following:
- In the first half of 2022, FGV resumed in-person classes for its undergraduate, graduate and executive education courses, after deeming that it could ensure safe conditions for all its students at its schools in the municipalities where it has campuses. In-person classes were restarted in line with the health authorities’ regulations and the rules established in FGV’s health and safety protocol;
- FGV’s programs continue to be delivered live, without any loss of quality for students, through synchronous classes using digital educational resources and information and communications technologies. However, in-person meetings and other activities may now be carried out as well;
- FGV continues to monitor the evolution of vaccination coverage and the containment of the pandemic in Brazil. The resumption of 100% of its in-person activities or any expansion in its capacity to receive students must take place cautiously, gradually and safely, in order to minimize any risks of catching and spreading the disease;
- These guidelines may be revised at any time, in line with the behavior of the pandemic and the health situation, the evolution of vaccination coverage and the recommendations of the government and health authorities;
- The administrators of each FGV school and center are on hand to answer any questions you may have at this time, including about the reorganization of school calendars, course content and class hours in response to the pandemic.