Amazon Dialogues: third webinar in series talks about bioeconomy and Manaus Free Trade Zone
On March 8, Fundação Getulio Vargas’ Sao Paulo School of Economics (FGV EESP) will hold a webinar called “Amazon Dialogues – Bioeconomy and Manaus Free Trade Zone: Choose or Reconcile.” The event will be broadcast live on FGV’s YouTube channel, starting at 7 pm.
During the event, the participants will debate proposals for development of the bioeconomy in the Amazon region. The Amazon biome is the richest in the world in terms of social and biological diversity. Brazil has experienced difficulties in unlocking the development of economic activities associated with this biome. At the same time, there is already a strong industrial hub in the Manaus Free Trade Zone.
This is the third meeting in the Amazon Dialogues, a digital platform to discuss topics related to sustainable socioeconomic development in the Brazilian Amazon with the whole of society. Twenty meetings will be held in all, featuring private sector leaders, experts, public officials, academics and multidisciplinary personalities from all parts of Brazil.
- - José Jorge do Nascimento, president of National Association of Electrical and Electronic Good Manufacturers (ELETROS);
- - Sérgio Leitão, executive director of Instituto Escolhas;
- - Vicente Nunes, journalist and Correio Braziliense columnist.
- - Márcio Holland, coordinator of Finance and Economics Master’s Program;
- - Daniel Vargas, research director at FGVAgro.
To take part, please sign up here.