FGV’s Center for Judicial Innovation, Administration and Research celebrates 4th anniversary
Fundação Getulio Vargas’ Center for Judicial Innovation, Administration and Research, coordinated by FGV Professor and Justice Luis Felipe Salomão, is celebrating its fourth anniversary. Since it was founded, it has published 10 studies and 2 technical statements. At the moment, 12 research projects are under way, in 5 broad research areas: Digital Governance and Innovation; Sustainability and Social Responsibility; Democracy; Human Rights; and Conflict Resolution.
In this period, the center has also been involved in congresses, seminars, lectures, debates, courses and classes on various subjects encompassed by its research areas, and it has formed partnerships with a variety of education institutions, public agencies and private companies, all aimed at spreading knowledge.
Since it was established on July 24, 2019, the center has carried out award-winning research and built up a body of specialized and independent researchers to dive deep into key legal, political and social issues in Brazil and across the world, helping improve the justice system in a practical way. International recognition was given at the 11th Lisbon Legal Forum, which featured a specific session to present the center’s research. In addition, these studies were referred to numerous times by exhibitors and speakers throughout this event.
In the coming years, the center is preparing to expand its institutional partnerships, the topics studied, its scientific output and its presence in the international academic community. To learn about the center’s research and other activities, visit its website, ciapj.fgv.br.
At the moment, the center is carrying out the following research projects:
- Content moderation on digital platforms;
- E-commerce platforms and conflict resolution centers;
- Online dispute resolution: a study in light of National Justice Council Resolution 358;
- Profile of lawyers: First demographic study of Brazilian lawyers;
- Dispute boards in infrastructure contracts;
- Analysis of appropriateness of technical and price criteria for sanitation concession public tenders;
- Relevance of federal law issues: History, comparative law, similar instruments and legislative impacts – revised and expanded.
Over the last four years, the center has published the following studies:
- Artificial Intelligence: Technology Applied to Conflict Resolution in the Brazilian Judiciary – 3rd Phase;
- Specialization and Consensus in Business Reorganizations;
- Relevance of Federal Law Issues, History, Comparative Law, Similar Instruments and Legislative Impact – 1st Edition;
- Artificial Intelligence: Technology Applied to Conflict Resolution in the Brazilian Judiciary – 2nd Edition;
- Technical Statement on Replacement of Bill 21 of 2020, Submitted to Federal Senate;
- Study of the Business Reorganization Process: Preliminary Analytical Report – Quality Metrics and Effectiveness of Brazilian Justice;
- Research Report: Technology Applied to Conflict Resolution in the Brazilian Judiciary – 2nd Phase;
- Legal Framework for Artificial Intelligence: Technical Statement on Bill 21 of 2020;
- Artificial Intelligence: Technology Applied to Conflict Resolution in the Brazilian Judiciary;
- Research Report: Technology Applied to Conflict Resolution in the Brazilian Judiciary – 1st Phase;
- Image Study of the Judiciary.