- How can I verify if somebody studied at FGV?
Please enter in contact with the School that offered the course taken by the student. Click on the respective link below, to obtain contact details.
Schools in Rio de Janeiro
- School of Social Sciences (CPDOC)
- Rio de Janeiro Law School (Direito Rio)
- Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration (EBAPE)
- School of Applied Mathematics (EMAp)
- EPGE Brazilian School of Economics & Finance
Schools in Sao Paulo
Other Educational Areas
- Does FGV work with the Brazilian Ministry of Education’s FIES student funding program?
- Does FGV consider National High School Exam (ENEM) scores when selecting students for its courses?
- Does FGV provide Wi-Fi at its facilities?
Yes. Just ask for the login name and password at the front desk of each FGV building.
- Who should I talk to about announcing internship opportunities?
- Sao Paulo
Administration: Career Center
Phone: +55 11 3799 7823
Law: Center for Legal Practice
Phone: +55 11 3799 2281 or +55 11 3799 2282
Phone: +55 11 3799 3288
- Rio de Janeiro:
Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, and History:
Phone: +55 21 3799 5672; +55 21 3799 5437; or +55 21 3799 5478
Phone: +55 21 3799 5915
- Does FGV have parking areas for students?
No. However, there are private long and short-stay parking facilities near FGV buildings.
- I am not an FGV student or professor. Can I use FGV’s libraries?
Please see the rules for each FGV library:
Sao Paulo - Karl A. Boedecker Library:
Only FGV students, former students, professors and employees may visit the Karl A. Boedecker Library.
Professors and graduate students at other education and research institutions may request access to the library and state their reasons for this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to read any of the publications in our archives, you may use our library loan service. (For more information, in Portuguese, please visit this website.)
Rio de Janeiro - Mario Henrique Simonsen Library:
Professors, researchers and graduate students at other education and research institutions may use FGV’s library in Rio de Janeiro to consult its archives. Just present a declaration from the institution you are associated with, and the librarian will grant you access to consult the archives for a certain period.
If you wish to use the home loan service for books and magazines, then as well as presenting a declaration from the institution you are associated with, you must also register, show proof of residence, and pay an annual fee of R$200. You will then receive an external user card, which will give you access to the library for one year, including on the Saturdays when it is open.
Professors, researchers and graduate students at other education institutions in the city of Brasília may use FGV’s library to consult its archives Monday to Friday. Loans are only possible for students and former students if they pay a fee of R$100 per semester.
For more information, please call 61 3799 8128.
FGV Digital Library
Anyone can freely access the FGV Digital Repository. It is one of the digital research channels of the FGV Digital Library, whose main role is to index, preserve and share images, articles, dissertations, theses, videos, research reports, and databases. The Repository is the virtual environment that stores FGV’s academic output in a single place, in order to preserve and disseminate its institutional memory and identity. Anyone can access all the documents in the Digital Repository. You can also click on the Digital Library’s “Databases” link to browse through 154 databases.
- Does FGV provide accommodation for students?
- Does FGV rent out rooms for events?
No, FGV does not rent out any rooms to third parties. Only institutional events are held at FGV.
- What is the procedure for organizing promotions inside and outside the school?
- Sao Paulo: To hold a promotion inside and/or outside the school, please talk to the Communications and Marketing Division by calling +55 11 3799 4252 or emailing email@example.com.
- Rio de Janeiro: To hold a promotion inside and/or outside the school, please talk to the Communications and Marketing Division by calling +55 21 3799 5463 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.