FGV’s mission is to stimulate Brazil’s national socioeconomic development. As one of the world’s leading knowledge centers, we strive to always be an innovative institution, for our students and society as a whole.
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, to continue to uphold this commitment and pursue our mission, we have had to quickly meet the needs imposed on us by this international emergency and reestablish our activities.
Our swift reestablishment was only possible because our students, professors and employees have been extremely dedicated and resilient in the face of recent changes. The results of this effort can be seen in the numbers and achievements listed below:
- Undergraduate, master’s and doctoral courses: 6,500 students are having live, interactive online classes.
- MBA programs operating in more than 100 municipalities: approximately 1,800 courses with more than 47,000 students, also having live, interactive online classes.
- Free online courses available to the general public. So far, these courses have been accessed more than 2 million times.
- Price surveys and other services, as well as the disclosure of economic indexes, which are being presented normally and can be seen on our website.
- Dissemination of knowledge through academic research conducted by different areas of FGV.
- More than 1,800 employees using technology platforms to work safely from home.
- Virtual big data labs installed and fully used by students.
- FGV webinars: exchange of knowledge through free online events.
- Daily web series on key topics related to the impacts of the coronavirus, in various areas of knowledge.
FGV remains attentive to the pandemic’s evolution in Brazil and worldwide, and it will act in line with the guidelines of health authorities to reduce the risks of transmission and to minimize the disease’s impacts on our society. Meanwhile, we continue to work for Brazil.