FGV holds first Annual Mediation and Arbitration Conference
The FGV Mediation and Arbitration Chamber is holding a debate on the growing maturity and consolidation of arbitration and mediation procedures, as well as challenges involved in enhancing these conflict resolution tools and expanding their use, particularly in the business world. Increasingly used by Brazilian companies, mediation and arbitration ensure legal certainty and fast dispute resolution, avoiding litigation.
The first edition of the Annual Mediation and Arbitration Conference will consist of three panel discussions, featuring arbitrators, lawyers and mediators. This public event will take place on May 29, at 8:30 am, in the FGV Cultural Center. To participate in this free in-person event, please sign up on FGV’s events webpage.
- 9:30 am – Panel Discussion 1: Is Arbitration a Regulated Sector?
- 10:30 am – Panel Discussion 2: Arbitration in Regulated Sectors
- 11:30 am – Panel Discussion 3: Consequences of Conflict Resolution in Brazil
- Flavio Galdino, professor at Rio de Janeiro State University and responsible for the court-supervised reorganization of Rio de Janeiro power company Light
- Samantha longo, specialist in mediation and court-supervised reorganization
- Antonio Anastasia, Federal Audit Court justice
FGV Mediation and Arbitration Chamber
The chamber functions as a kind of registry office and it is responsible for managing proceedings. When a dispute arises and the parties agree to resort to arbitration, either when the contract is signed (most commonly) or subsequently, the parties contact the chamber’s secretariat and delivers the basic necessary documents relating to the dispute, as specified in the Arbitration Rules.
Since it was founded 21 years ago, the chamber has become a point of reference in Brazil, thanks to its procedure management model and its commitment, backed up by FGV’s strong track record.
FGV Cultural Center
186 Praia de Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro
To obtain more information and sign up, click here.