Seminar debates issues related to energy sector
FGV Energy and the Rio de Janeiro branch of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are holding the 11th Brazilian Energy Supplies and Security Seminar and 16th Brazil Energy and Power. This public event will take place on September 28, at 8:30 a.m., at the FGV Cultural Center.
The event will bring together some of the energy sector’s foremost policymakers, experts, business leaders and public officials for debates, lectures and strategic networking.
This year, the event will take place exclusively in-person and it will feature talks and panels to discuss key topics for the sector, such as the level of investments and business deals in Brazil, the strategic role of natural gas in the Brazilian energy system, modernization of the power sector, the energy transition and the carbon market.
The speakers confirmed for this year’s edition include Elizabeth Frawley Bagley, the American ambassador to Brazil; Roberto Ardenghy, president of the Brazilian Oil and Gas Institute (IBP); Ângela Regina, acting president of the Brazilian government’s Energy Research Company (EPE); Hugo Leal, Rio de Janeiro state secretary for energy and the ocean economy; and Roberto Ramos, the CEO of Ocyan.
The event is being sponsored by Wärtsilä, Chevron, Honeywell, Domingues and Pinho Contadores and it has the institutional support of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Brazil-U.S. Business Council, the National Oil, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency (ANP) and the Brazilian Oil and Gas Institute (IBP). You can sign up for the event on the FGV Energy website.
- Ângela Regina, acting president of the Brazilian government’s Energy Research Company (EPE)
- Carlos Quintella, director, FGV Energy
- David Thorne, U.S. ambassador, Green Tech Mission
- Elizabeth Frawley Bagley, U.S. ambassador to Brazil
- Felipe Gonçalves, research superintendent, FGV
- Heloísa Borges Esteves, director of oil, gas and biofuel studies, EPE
- Hugo Leal, Rio de Janeiro state secretary for energy and the ocean economy
- João Correa, country manager and legal representative, TGS
- Jorge Mitidieri, executive vice president, Ocyan
- Luiz Gustavo Bezerra, partner, Tauil & Chequer / Mayer Brown
- Marcio Lago Couto, research superintendent, FGV
- Patrícia Pradal, business development director, Chevron
- Roberto Ramos, CEO, Ocyan
FGV Cultural Center
186 Praia de Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro
To take part, please sign up here.