- 17 set 2020 17:00 a 19:00DireitoThe University of Chicago Law School/FGV Forum in Law and Economics in Brazil (Week 2)Local: YouTube FGVEndereço: Transmissão onlineData: 17 Setembro 2020Horário: 17:00Responsáveis: FGV Direito Rio, FGV Direito SP
The University of Chicago Law School/FGV Forum in Law and Economics in Brazil offers a four-week lecture series online, on “hot topics” in Law and Economics.
The goal of the Forum is to introduce the audience to the most up-to-date thinking about major legal and policy issues. Each topic will be presented in an original lecture by a Senior Professor from the University of Chicago Law School, and then followed by lecture on that theme by a distinguished FGV Law School (DIREITO RIO and DIREITO SP) expert in Law and Economics.
The Forum is open to scholars, policymakers, judges, practitioners, and advanced students. Attendance is free. The event will be in English, without simultaneous translation.
The Forum’s Program:
Week 1: Law, Technology, and Competition
· September 8, 2020 - Lecture 1A: Randal Picker, University of Chicago
· September 10, 2020 - Lecture 1B: Carlos Ragazzo, FGV DIREITO RIO
Week 2: Do Constitutional Rights Matter?
· September 15, 2020 - Lecture 2A: Adam Chilton, University of Chicago
· September 17, 2020 - Lecture 2B: Thomaz Pereira, FGV DIREITO RIO
Week 3: Corporate and Securities Law & Economics
· September 22, 2020 - Lecture 3A: M. Todd Henderson, University of Chicago
· September 24, 2020 - Lecture 3B: Mariana Pargendler, FGV DIREITO SP
Week 4: The Economic Approach to Consumer Contracts
· September, 29 2020 - Lecture 4A: Omri Ben-Shahar, University of Chicago
· October 1, 2020 - Lecture 4B: Luciano Timm, FGV DIREITO SP